Sunday 2 August 2015

Mourinho Tease Wenger Again As Chelsea Face Arsenal in Community Shield Kick-off: 3pm


Jose Mourinho
Jose Mourinho admits he would question himself if he had a record like Arsene Wenger’s against the Chelsea manager. Chelsea and Arsenal will compete for the first silverware of the season when they meet in the Community Shield at Wembley today.
However, Wenger has not beaten Mourinho in 13 matches between the pair ahead of today’s match.

Last season’s FA Cup winners will be buoyed by their impressive pre-season form and their capture of goalkeeper Petr Cech from Chelsea. The 33-year-old won the Community Shield twice with the Blues but is set to line up for the Gunners today after making the switch from Stamford Bridge this summer.

Cech will be the only new addition to the Gunners' starting XI at Wembley, while Chelsea will also not look too different from the side that won the Premier League so convincingly last season.
Radamel Falcao and Asmir Begovic have been the Blues' biggest signings after a dominant domestic campaign in which they lost only three matches.


Asked what he would do if he was on the other end of Wenger’s record, Mourinho said: “I think I would ask myself why. I would to try to answer, but not because of a mental block but because I would want to try to find solutions to help my team to do it.

“I would try to find a different way, try to find the reasons why it goes all the time against my team. Just that. I’ve never had a run like that, no. I don’t know in the future. I think I lost twice against Tony Pulis, I lost against Crystal Palace and against West Bromwich Albion. One game each.”
Mourinho and Wenger have clashed verbally on numerous occasions and the Frenchman even pushed his nemesis on the touchline last season.


Asked whether his personal record against Wenger gives him extra satisfaction, Mourinho said: “No. I just want my club to get the best possible result. It doesn't matter if it’s Arsenal, it doesn't matter who the manager is. I just want my teams, my clubs to try to get the best possible results. That's the only thing that matters.

“I didn’t think about it (Wenger) until about a couple of weeks before I play against his team. And I try to understand what he is thinking, try to understand what can be his game plan. Just that.”
Chelsea and Arsenal have only met once before in the Community Shield, when Didier Drogba scored twice to give the Blues a 2-1 win in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment