Thursday 5 November 2015

DSC to commence operation in 2017 says, Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa

 Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa
BARRING ANY unforeseen circumstances, the multi-billion naira Delta Steel Company (DSC) in Ovwian- Aladja, Delta State, will commence operations by January 2017.

This is one of the fruits of the recent visit to India by the state governor, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, who was on the entourage of President Muhammadu Buhari for the Indian/Africa Business Summit.


Addressing leaders and elders of Delta North Senatorial District who paid him a visit in Asaba, Okowa said he had a fruitful discussion with the new owners of the company on the revamping of the steel company.

“On our visit to India, I met with one of the companies that recently took over the DSC and I thank God because they are serious minded and committed to reviving the company . I believe that in another 12 to 14 months, the DSC will come alive again with many other companies in the state.

“DSC is our pride and I believe that when that company comes alive, it will employ people from all parts of Delta State and beyond,” he said. He urged the people to be receptive of investors by making land and other incentives available to encourage investments in their areas, while ensuring that they maintain peace and shun any action that is inimical to the growth of the society.

Okowa thanked the stakeholders for their support for his administration and expressed hope that the present challenges facing government would soon be a thing of the past.

The governor urged the people of Anioma in Delta North to remain united and cooperate with all ethnic nationalities to move the state forward, asserting that the leaders must show examples to their followers to engender peace in their areas.

“Having spent five months in office, many people may not know but without praising myself, I think if someone else was the governor, it would not have been easy to run the office and stabilise Delta State to the position it is right now.

“Wherever I have gone wrong, I plead with people to forgive me but all decisions have been in the best interest of the state and it has been a difficult five months and in all these, we were busy wasting time at the tribunal.

“I also heard that they (my opponents) may be going on appeal but I appeal to my brothers that ßenough is enough and we cannot continue to drag the state behind. We cannot continue to distract the state; it is time to join hands in partnership to build Delta State especially at this time that things are difficult,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment