Friday 31 July 2015

I’m attracted to confident men Says Fancy Acholonu

Fancy 2

Background

My name is Fancy Acholonu and I am from Imo State. I am a model and an actress. I was born in Los Angeles but I relocated to Nigeria where I was brought up. I moved back to the USA when I was 10 years old, and returned to Nigeria again at the age of 15 because my parents wanted me to learn about my culture.


Education

I graduated from Downey High School in 2008 when   I was 16. Subsequently, I attended Cerritos College, where I studied Business and French, and I finished with event management. I’ve always had interest in event planning and I plan to own an events company.

Modelling

I have always been very tall and slender. It made me uncomfortable because I was different from every person in my school. However I noticed how beautiful, tall and thin models were celebrated on the pages of magazines. I started out at a modelling school called Barbizon Modelling and Acting School when I was 13. When I was 16, I was offered a contract by BMG Model Management and that was when I began my modelling career officially.

Family support

I have supportive parents and siblings. My dad was in finance while my mum produced pageants and owned her own clothing stores. My mum was 100 per cent supportive in the beginning and still is. My dad did not support me right away because it was an unfamiliar industry but as the years went by, he warmed up to the idea and is happy for my success.

Features

I have been featured in Vogue, which was a very proud moment in my modelling career. I have been on the runway for the likes of Missoni and Tory Burch to mention but a few. I featured alongside Nick Cannon in a Honda advert and it was an amazing experience.

Role models

I look up to Tyra Banks who is an inspiration to models. She became an actress, a talk-show host, producer and graduated from a prestigious school. Those are things I’m interested in achieving later on in my career. I also look up to Joan Smalls, Jordan Dunn and Chanel Iman. They are the new generation of models who have promising careers.

Challenges

Being a model is extremely challenging and I’m not trying to scare other young models. When I began modelling, I found it difficult to book jobs because of my ethnicity. You have to develop a very thick skin to be in an industry where people will always praise you and at the same time judge you. Surviving the harsh criticisms is all about   finding a balance and understanding what your true purpose is. It takes confidence, patience, strength, persistence, and sometimes just being at the right place at the right time to be a successful model.

Acting

Acting has been my biggest passion even before modelling. I have been studying acting for years and I am currently studying at a top acting school in Hollywood called Lesly Kahn & Company Performing Arts School. The training I have received is amazing. I just featured in my first film called Gina’s Journey: The search for William Grimes. Directed by Sean Durant, it is an intriguing film about one woman’s quest to reclaim her ancestor, a runaway slave who wrote the first fugitive slave narrative in American history.

Nollywood

I love Nollywood films and I grew up watching them. They are very entertaining and some day, I would like to be a part of it. I am a huge fan of Patience Ozokwor.

Men

It’s flattering to receive compliments and I appreciate them. If a man makes advances to me, I thank him for his compliment and let him know that I’m not interested. The most attractive thing to me in a man is confidence. I like a man that knows what he wants in life, I also like a man that is cultured and is family oriented.

I and Blake Grifin

You want to know if Blake and I are dating? I want to keep my dating life private because as soon as everyone knows who you are involved with, things get complicated. Privacy in that area of my life secures a higher chance of happiness and success in any relationship I get involved in. Right now my main focus is to be happy, healthy and focused on my career.

Fitness

I work out three or four times a week depending on how busy my schedule is. I do yoga, Pilates, hiking, boxing, running, etc. I love food, but moderation is key.

Beauty

I don’t have an elaborate beauty regime because I believe less is more .I try to get eight hours of sleep and I always stay hydrated.

Style

When I want to feel comfortable, I wear a lot of denim, plaid shirts, sneakers, sandals and casual boots. When I am feeling sexy, I love wearing backless dresses with heels and nice jewellery.


PUNCH

No comments:

Post a Comment